You’ll notice this effect at the end of the day. When you first power-up your PC it’s running smoothly, by the end of the day it gets sluggish. Yes, you can get various softwares to solve this. May of which costs but when free things matters, heres how a simple trick can work (in both windows XP and Vista)
- Open up Notepad (I use Notepad++, review coming soon)
- Type in MYSTRING=(80000000)
- Save the file as MEMORY.VBE (or RAM.VBE if you like…just remember the .VBE)
- Make sure you save the file to your DESKTOP.
- Just double-click the newly created file on your desktop whenever your PC seems sluggish. It will give your RAM a much needed boost.
RAM Defrag is another nice freeware utility that frees up your RAM however it clears of all the injected DLL’s and the cache so the computer may get more sluggish for a while a Defrag.
You can Download Ram Defrag from this website.
Note that told above is version 2.71 of Ram Defrag which is a freeware, a newer version 2.84 is also available here which is Shareware available here.I am not aware of the working of the version 2.84